COMMUNITY COALITION PROJECT:
( Target community is Saudi Arabia, and my focus will be on patients with Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (Favism) or fava beans (G6PD) ).
Develop a coalition addressing a health issue found in that community. Assess objectives 1-6,
- Analyze the Community Engagement, Organization and Development Process. Competencies (6), (23), (24), (25),
- Examine and explain basic theories, concepts and methods that are used in the Community Engagement, Organization and Development Process assessments. Competencies (4), (7), (8), (12), (14), (15)
- Analyze the ethical principles used in Public Health Practice. Competency (29)
- Evaluate how cultural competencies affect communities and the Community Engagement, Organization and Development Process. Competencies (19), (20),
- Describe and analyze the concept of community health policy. Competencies (13), (19), (28), (32),
- Describe and evaluate the role that mass media plays in the Community Engagement, Organization and Development Process. Competency (35)
- Explain the process of evaluating the community-engaged organization.
- Discuss the future of the Community Engagement, Organization and Development Process.
Community’s history and why the coalition is necessary?
Mobilization Assessment (how was issue discovered?)
Logic Model Plan for Action Implementation Tracking/Evaluation Each step must be described and justified.
1) 10-minute power point presentation
2) 6 pages paper must be submitted to complete the project
3) Reference all resources APA style
|The Rubric & Checklist|
|Community: Brief description of your community: demographics profile (age and gender distribution, racialethnic and socioeconomic characteristics) and history (major economic, political and social forces)||Briefly and clearly summarizes the community’s demographics and history|
|Mobilize: Brief description of individuals, gatekeepers and organizations that will make up your coalition and why you chose them||Provides brief and clear description of individuals, gatekeepers and organizations that will make up your coalitio|
|Assess : Through secondary data sources assess the health issue in your community in which your coalition could make the greatest impact. Conduct a SWOT analysis to determine strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the community||Addresses in detail secondary sources of data and why the health issue was chosen. SWOT analysis was detailed and revealed descriptive resources and needs of the community.|
|Action Plan / Implementation: State your coalition’s vision, mission, goals and (SMART) objectives and activities. Also include assignment of responsibility and description of your first meeting. Logic Model designed to reveal the process and intended results for this coalition||Clearly outlines plausible potential strategies to address the coalition’s action plan including proper vision, mission, goals, and (SMART) objectives and activities. Logistics, agenda and purpose of the first meeting as well as assignment of responsibilities is complete. Logic Model is complete and relevant.|
|Social Media Campaign: Determine the target audience. Design and frame the message (must be clear, consistent, accurate and credible). What channels (schools, media, community, workplace) will be used and why. Show your finish social media product.||Clearly outlines the social media campaign strategy. Target audience is determined with justification. Message is clear, consistent, accurate and credible. Channels are justified effectively. Product is presented.|
|Evaluation: Process evaluation: Describe the methods used to measure effectiveness in your activities. Outcome evaluation: Describe the methods used to measure success in your coalition’s goals.||Clearly describes process and outcome methods for evaluation|
|References||Provides reference for the materials being reviewed.
Recurs you can use: