Document a case study of a client system (micro, mezzo, or macro) that you actively worked with at your practicum by answering the following:
- Explain the process of engaging with the client system. (How did you develop a working relationship? How did you utilize human behavior in the social environment to understand the client? How did you utilize empathy, reflection, and interpersonal skills to engage with your client?)
- Explain the process of assessment with this client system. (How did you assess the client system? Where did you get assessment information? How did you utilize it to formulate an intervention?)
- Explain the intervention process. (What were the mutually agreed upon goal(s)? How were those goals selected? Describe interprofessional collaborations utilized to achieve beneficial outcomes. What referrals or transitions did you work on with the client system?
- Explain the evaluation process. (Was the intervention effective? Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to support whether or not it was effective.)
Reflection and Critical Thinking – 10 points
- How did you utilize the standards from the NASW Code of Ethics as you worked with the client system from the case study? Were there any ethical dilemmas? How did you make ethical decisions?
- How did you use reflection and self-regulation to manage your personal values and maintain professionalism?
- How did you utilize supervision and consultation throughout your work on this case?
- How did you apply and communicate understanding of diversity and difference in working with the client system? How did you present yourself as the learner with the client system being the experts of their own experiences?
- How were advocacy and social justice a part of this case? (How did you advance social, economic, and environmental justice to advocate for human rights?)
- How did you utilize research skills to this case?
- What role did policy play in this case?
- Overall, based on your work with the client system, identify and explain both your strengths and areas for improvement based on your social work skills (HINT: think about the questions from assignments 3 and 4).