Health Teaching Project (Teaching Plan, Script and Handout/Brochure)
Each student will prepare a health teaching project that will be posted in the Discussion Board. Each presentation is expected to be 60 minutes in length and be prepared for groups of clients – specifying culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level (at least three of these). The teaching project will include three components: a) a teaching plan; b) sample script, and c) a handout/brochure appropriate for the target audience.
Topic: Fall Prevention
Target Audience: Middle Aged to Older Adulthood(41- 65 Years of Age and Older)
Culture – Western
Ethnicity – Any
Education Level – Some High School/High School Diploma
- The teaching plan should be for a 60 minute presentation and include the following:
- a) identify the target audience in terms of culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level and state the overall goal of the teaching session
- b) at least 5 measurable behavioral objectives
- c) detailed content outline – specific topics to be addressed
- d) a variety of teaching strategies appropriate for the target group – culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level
- e) time allotted for each part of the content
- f) all types of instructional materials needed for the teaching session
- g) specific method of evaluating the extent of learning that has at least 15 minutes allotted in the plan (Do not use a post-test evaluation).
- h) reference list from 5 peer reviewed nursing journals
- Script of exactly what is planned to be said and done in the 60 minutes.
- Provide a handout/brochure appropriate for the target audience culture, ethnicity, age, and educational level. The handout/brochure may be chosen from a quality internet source and should meet the following criteria:
- literacy level 5th to 8th grade
- visually appropriate/creative
- meets current standard of care for the health issue of the target audience