For this assignment, you will finalize the FBA by adding the Reasons for Referral, a brief overview and purpose of conducting a FBA, and a summary of the investigations taken in the FBA. Your final assignment should include all the components of the previous assignments, with any corrections or changes made based on prior instructor feedback. You should address compassion considerations in each section. Refer to the Capella Compassion Code [DOCX] for more information.
Functional Behavior Assessment Structure and Content
In your functional assessment report, include the following components:
- Reason for Referral
- Purpose for conducting an FBA.
- Target behaviors and rationale for selecting them.
- Indirect Assessment
- Describe at least one method to conduct the indirect assessment.
- Summarize the information gathered.
- Descriptive Assessment
- Provide the operational definitions.
- Identify the measurement procedures for each target behavior.
- Provide and interpret visual display of the baseline data.
- Summarize the ABC data.
- Analyze the ABC data.
- Provide and interpret visual display of the ABC data.
- Provide hypothesized statements about the functions or environmental variables influencing problem behaviors.
- Experimental Analysis
- Select the experimental analysis and provide rationale for why it was chosen.
- Describe the conditions in the selected experimental analysis.
- Provide visual display of hypothetical data.
- Interpret results of the experimental analysis.
- Confirmed the function(s) influencing problem behaviors. If the IISCA is selected, confirm the synthesized contingencies influencing problem behaviors.
- Summary and Conclusion
- Briefly summarize the different levels of investigation included in the FBA.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines. Review Evidence and APAfor more information on how to cite your sources.
- Resources: 1-2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 7-10 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- SafeAssign: You are required to use SafeAssignbefore submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to SafeAssign as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.
Refer to the MS in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Research Guide for help finding resources.
Refer to the Finalizing the Functional Behavior Assessment Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
Your work will be evaluated using this criteria.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Assess the environmental variables and functions of behavior.
- Present an indirect assessment with minimal errors.
- Present a descriptive assessment with minimal errors.
- Competency 2: Assess client’s skills, deficits, and preferences to determine appropriate intervention needs.
- Provide a reason for referral, purpose of FBA, and rationale for selecting target behaviors with minimal errors.
- Competency 3: Apply knowledge of functions of behavior.
- Present an experimental analysis of problem behaviors with minimal errors.
- Provide a conclusion of the FBA with minimal errors.
- Competency 4: Apply compassionate approaches to assessment procedures.
- Demonstrate the values of compassion assessment procedures.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Demonstrate an academic writing style through well-organized prose that follows assignment guidelines.
Demonstrate compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines