Describe the impact of pandemic on financial management, corporate decision making and performance
Describe the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on financial management, corporate decision-making and corporate performance
Aims of assignment
In fulfillment of CLOs 1, 2 and 3 (midterm exam), you should develop, through research & analysis, the ability to:
- Understand the role of the COVID-19 pandemic for the financial management of companies in general; and
- Analyze the separate effects of the pandemic on the different financial management activities of the corporation.
Use existing literature and empirical evidence available so far to assess the association between the COVID-19 pandemic in financial management and firm performance
You will develop an understanding of the role of the COVID-19 pandemic for the financial management and financial activities of companies. For that, you will need to write a project essay that analyzes the effect, structured as follows:
- Introduction (1/2 page)
- Describe how the pandemic is expected to affect the whole economy (1-2 pages);
- Describe how the pandemic is expected to affect the general management priorities of companies (CLO1) (1-2 pages)
- Describe how the pandemic is expected to affect specific financial risk-taking policy of companies (CLO5) (2 pages)
- Describe how the pandemic is expected to affect specific business management decisions (CLO2/3) (see below): (2 pages)
- Conclusion (1/2 page)
➢ Each project group (see doc on Teams) has a different specific business/financial management topic to analyze, but in each group all students will analyze the same topic. However, the assignment is individual.
✓ Group 2 topic: The pandemic’s effect on the firm’s capital structure (leverage).
➢ You do not need to calculate financial or other ratios. You need to describe meanings and channels of influence as well as to predict the pandemic’s effect on the specific corporate activity. Show your understanding of financial management issues.
➢ Use and analyze between 8-12 references to support your argument. Use proper citation. Reports with no in-text citation will automatically be submitted to the OAI.
➢ Write clearly and concisely and make your arguments well connected. Unclear/confusing arguments will be penalized.
➢ Your submitted assignment should be typed in Calibri 11 font, one and half space, with page numbering. The maximum number of text pages is 10. There is no need for executive summary.