If you have not done so, please be sure to complete the Unit 2 Learning Activity, as this learning activity is graded and will help prepare you for the assignment. You will earn 4 points once you complete the activity. You must reach the final slide to receive full credit. You will not earn any points if you do not complete the activity. You may attempt the activity as many times as you wish, but no partial credit will be awarded for partial completion.
Identifying Basic Scientific Methods
For this assignment, you will use the Unit 2 Assignment Template to respond to each of the following:
- Match each of the six research method terms to their correct definition.
- What topic would you like to know more about concerning a behavior that you witness in yourself or others?
- Based on your identified topic, explain each of the following steps of your proposed research based on the scientific method.
- Theory:What is your research question?
- Hypothesis:What results do you expect to get?
- Research Method:What research method do you think will be best suited to study the behavior? How do you plan to use that method to collect data?
- What ethical issues might come up with your research idea? Describe what ethical considerations you would need to keep in mind, referencing the American Psychological Association’s (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Focus on the General Principles listed on the top of the page.